All Sides are competing with one another; there are never cooperative Sides. There are never neutral Sides. A Player on one Side is always
We colloquially use the adjectives Friendly Allies and Hostile Foes.
- Win - All Players on the winning Side Win. Only zero or one Side may Win.
- Loss - All Players on a losing Side Lose. Any number of Sides may Lose.
- Tie - All Players on Sides that neither Win nor Lose are Tied. All Sides that haven't Lost when one Side Wins are considered Tied. Any number of Sides may Tie.
The Outcome of a Game is determined by succeeding or failing at Objectives. There are two Types of Objectives:
- Primary Objective - These Objectives determine whether a Side Wins or Loses
- Secondary Objective - These Objectives do not affect Outcome but instead grant Prizes. You may succeed at a some Secondary Objectives despite Losing the Game
Primary Objectives are ordered, and each one either makes you Win or Lose. In the standard 1-Commander 3x3 Field Format, the Primary Objectives are:
- Dominate - If Your Units Occupy 7 Field Spots, you Win
- Defeat - If you have 7 Chuted Cards, you Lose
- Deplete - If your HQ is Empty, you Lose
- Exhaust - If you run out your Player Clock, you Lose (in Competition games)
- Specific units removed
- Clear a column (or specific column)
- Clear a row (or specific row)
- X damage done
- Specific damage done
- Survive X turns
- Defend Card(s) for X turns
- Determine enemy objective
- “before Turn T” clause
- “before opponent objective” clause
- Random Objective
Each of these conditions is described in more detail later in the rules once we have the framework for them.
- Program - Used to implement Procedures
- Asset - Media as part of the Interface and play experience
- Element - What we could consider a Game piece
All items (5)